FACTS about NEWSPAPERS
1. More than 24 billion newspapers are published every year !!!!
2. In China, early government-produced news sheets, called TIPAO, circulated among court officials during the late Han dynasty (second and third centuries AD).
3. The first modern newspapers were products of western European countries like Germany (publishing Relation in 1605), France (Gazette in 1631), Belgium (Nieuwe Tijdingen in 1616) and England (the London Gazette, founded in 1665.
4. If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year !!!
5. To produce each week’s Sunday newspapers, 500,000 trees must be cut down.
6. In India, The Times of India is the largest English newspaper, with 2.14 million copies daily
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...