Crystal Island, the World’s Biggest Building
Foster + Partners have released designs for the biggest building ever built:
Crystal Island in Moscow will be 450m high, cover an area of almost half a million square meters and contain a total floor area of 2.5 million square meters.
The Crystal Island has already earned the reputation of the most ambitious
building project in the world. The construction is evaluated at four billion dollars.
The city within the building will house 900 luxury apartments, 3,000 hotel rooms,
a theater, a fitness complex, a cinema, a museum and an international school for 500
students, not to mention countless stores.
The exterior facade will be solar responsive and will include solar panels which, along with wind turbines, will generate electricity for the huge tower.
Natural ventilation will be provided thanks to numerous strategically placed large atriums. The internal environment will also have dynamic enclosure panels slotted into the structural framing that will allow daylight to penetrate deep into the heart of the structure; the panels will also be controlled to modify temperature inside the building – closed in winter for extra warmth and opened in summer to allow natural ventilation.
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...
- Tupai, heart-shaped island, Bora Bora, French Polynesia – Beautiful
- Beautiful places to visit,Overseas Highway in Florida
- Good Morning~Beautiful Places , Pictures of the World~Sahara Desert Sunset
- Breath Taking Scenes Of Mount Fuji. Japan.
- Beautiful Places, Pictures of the World~ Niagara Falls~Ontario, Canada and New York, United States