A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”
“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car.
The sand is everything else. The small stuff.”
“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.
Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
Inspirational stories Quotes – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thoughts
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...
- Stories for Children : Thinking out of the box
- Motivational Real Life Stories: The secret to keep winning in life!!!!
- A Small Story With Powerful Lesson (moral)
- Inspirational Stories – Pictures – Quotes – God’s Coffee – Are you enjoying Life
- Stories for Children: Who or What do you love more: Choose wisely ~ Control Anger.
- Heart touching story~Inspirational~Motivational~Stories~Friendship
- Inspirational Stories ~ Feelings ~ Emotions ~ Love & Life
- Listen to the sound of silence ~ Inspirational Stories to awaken…
- Beautiful Thoughts of life~Inspirational Stories~Pictures~Quotes~Think Positive
- Sweet Love story…….. I wanna talk something Important righT now…
- Slow Down in your Life ~ Stories to increase awareness
- The miracle of Pure Selfless Helping Heart ~ Inspirational Stories
- The two most important days of your life ~ Mark Twain
- Short Stories…..
- Stories to Inspire ~ Enlighten ~ Bring Life in your Relationships NOW
- Inspirational Pictures~Stories~Will touch your heart~Daughter~Father
- Inspirational Stories – Series – The two hospital patients
- It is not important to hold all the good cards in life…
- Important Facts Of Life
- Stories for children: How to reach solutions to our problems?
- A Wonderful Story of Friendship & Values
- Inspirational Motivational quotes for children
- Nice short story for kids and adults : ENJOY LIFE NOW.
- 10 Most Important Things For A Healthy Relationship
- World’s Important Days/Dates ….. Did you know…
- True story ; An inspiring example of humility……
- Life learning Quote,Every story has an end
- Inspirational Story of the Day~Beautiful Stories~Pictures~Self Appraisal~Work
- Inspirational, Moving & Motivational Story of a little girl
- Inspirational Motivational quote ;Never give up