- India is amongst the countries in the world to successfully enter the Mars orbit, after the Soviet Union, United States and Europe. It is the first country to do so in it’s maiden attempt & the first Asian Country to reach the Red Planet…
- “The odds were stacked against us. Of the 51 missions, attempted across the world so far, a mere 21 had succeeded. But we have prevailed,” said PM Modi.
- Only NASA, the European Space Agency and the former USSR have been successful in their Mars missions. The first successful mission was by NASA’s Mariner 9 in 1971. The most recent failure was that of the Chinese Yinghuo-1 in 2011.
- PM Modi lauded the Indian Space Research Organisation or ISRO for joining an elite group of only three other agencies worldwide to have successfully reached Red Planet.
- NASA tweeted, “We congratulate @ISRO for its Mars arrival! @MarsOrbiter joins the missions studying the Red Planet.”
- Mangalyaan, which is the size of a Tata Nano car, was launched in November, 2013, aboard India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C25 rocket. The mission is meant to test India’s ability to place a craft in Martian orbit and technologies required for a future interplanetary mission.
- The MOM or Mars Orbiter Mission was conceived, planned and implemented by ISRO on a shoestring budget of Rs. 450 crores or $ 67 mn.
- “Even Hollywood movies cost more,” said Mr Modi, who had earlier referenced the mega-budget space film “Gravity” to demonstrate his point.
- Mangalyaan will explore the surface of Mars, its morphology, mineralogy and its atmosphere. Five solar-powered instruments aboard Mangalyaan will gather data to help determine how Martian weather systems work and what happened to the water that is believed to have once existed on the planet in large quantities.
- At its closest point, the orbiter will be 365 km from the planet’s surface, and at its Edited by furthest – 80,000 km
India created history on Wednesday, becoming the first country to successfully get a spacecraft into the Martian orbit on its maiden attempt.
“History has been created today. We have dared, to reach out, into the unknown,” Modi said congratulating the country.
PM Modi has concluded his speech with a quote from Rabindranath Tagore
When our cricketers win a tournament, the entire country celebrates. What the scientists have achieved today, is much greater than that.
Lets today’s success drive us to greater visions, let us push our boundaries and then push some more. This is the hope with which we move forward.
Our efforts have historically focussed on ultimate objective of nation-building. Of translating space technology into space applications
Through your achievements, you have honoured our fore-fathers, and inspired our future generations
♧ Some Amazing and Unknown Facts ❀
★ Ants never sleep!
★ When the moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less.
★ Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never called his wife or mother; because they were both deaf.
★ An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
★ “I Am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
★ Babies are born without knee caps – actually, they’re made of cartilage
and the bone hardens, between the ages of 2-6 years.
★ Happy Birthday (the song) is copyrighted.
★ Butterflies taste with their feet.
★ A “jiffy”, is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
★ It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
★ Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
★ Minus 40° Celsius, is exactly the same as minus 40° Fahrenheit.
★ No word in the English language, rhymes with month – orange – silver -or- purple.
★ Shakespeare invented the words “assassination” and “bump”.
★ Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
★ Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
★ The names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
★ The sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”
uses every letter in the English language.
★ The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
★ The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
★ The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
★ Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from the blowing desert sand.
★ TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
★ You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
★ Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
★ The dot over the letter “i” is called a ‘Tittle’.
Did You Know Some interesting fact about yourself ?
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there’s a 50% chance you’ll die within the next 3 years
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There’s a 9% chance that you’ll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body “falls asleep”,
you can almost always “wake it up” by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing – Food, attractive people and danger
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odour.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kind of apples, that if you ate a new one everyday, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia
16. Our brain uses same amount power as 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 mins to boil 1.5 litres of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell !!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
Malala Yousafzai is advocating the ideology of love… By attacking her, the Taliban attempted to warn all the youngsters not to follow her ideology. But after the attack, Malala’s followers have multiplied across the country. Malala has won. – Pakistani journalist Syed Fazl-e-Haider