Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water. As well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit, stay healthy and make friends. Swimming is a healthy activity that you can continue for a lifetime. It is a low-impact activity that has many physical and mental health benefits
Swimming Health Benefits
1. Swimming helps maintain the blood pressure and cholesterol of a person, thus ensuring the well being of his/her heart.
2. It is good for the health of your lungs and also reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack and diabetes.
3. It is perfect for those people who have a hard time carrying out weight-bearing, land-based physical activities. This is because your weight in water is about 1/10 of your weight on land.
4. However, make sure that you do swim continuously at the pool. Stopping every five minutes to have a chat with your lane partners won’t cut it!
5. If you are overweight, swimming is the best way to lose weight as you will be able to work out safely without putting too much stress on your joints.
Healthy Lifestyle – Health Inspirations ~ Encouraging a Beautiful You!!!!