Wonderful story….with POWERFUL lesson
A woman baked chapatti (roti) for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby. She kept the extra chapatti on the window sill, for whosoever would take it away. Every day, a hunchback came and took away the chapatti. Instead of expressing gratitude, he muttered the following words as he went his way: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” This went on, day after day. Every day, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and uttered the words:
“The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” The woman felt irritated. “Not a word of gratitude,” she said to herself… “Everyday this hunchback utters this jingle! What does he mean?” One day, exasperated, she decided to do away with him. “I shall get rid of this hunchback,” she said. And what did she do? She added poison to the chapatti she prepared for him!
As she was about to keep it on the window sill, her hands trembled. “What is this I am doing?” she said. Immediately, she threw the chapatti into the fire, prepared another one and kept it on the window sill. As usual, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and muttered the words: “The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”
The hunchback proceeded on his way, blissfully unaware of the war raging in the mind of the woman. Every day, as the woman placed the chapatti on the window sill, she offered a prayer for her son who had gone to a distant place to seek his fortune. For many months, she had no news of him.. She prayed for his safe return.
That evening, there was a knock on the door. As she opened it, she was surprised to find her son standing in the doorway. He had grown thin and lean. His garments were tattered and torn. He was hungry, starved and weak. As he saw his mother, he said, “Mom, it’s a miracle I’m here. While I was but a mile away, I was so famished that I collapsed. I would have died, but just then an old hunchback passed by. I begged of him for a morsel of food, and he was kind enough to give me a whole chapatti. As he gave it to me, he said, “This is what I eat everyday: today, I shall give it to you, for your need is greater than mine!”
” As the mother heard those words, her face turned pale. She leaned against the door for support. She remembered the poisoned chapatti that she had made that morning. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have lost his life!
It was then that she realized the significance of the words: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” Do good and Don’t ever stop doing good, even if it is not appreciated at that time. If you like this, share it with others and I bet so many lives would be touched.
Life / Learning /Inspirational story ,Quotes – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thoughts .
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...
- A Small Story With Powerful Lesson (moral)
- A small story with powerful lesson !!!
- Short Inspirational Story with powerful moral
- Nice short story with lesson ;Learning to live without recognition
- Inspirational short story with moral :Trust in God
- Very Emotional Heart Touching short Story
- A Heart Touching Story ~ I Wish You Enough
- An Inspirational Story ~ No act of kindness is ever wasted….
- Inspirational Story of the Day~Beautiful Stories~Pictures~Self Appraisal~Work
- An Inspirational Story to improve difficult relationships
- Heart touching story~Inspirational~Motivational~Stories~Friendship
- A Wonderful Story of Friendship & Values
- The Cracked Pot…..A Wonderful Inspirational Story
- Husband Wife Funny Pics ~ Story ~ Hilarious ~ Enjoy
- A Heart touching story with Moral and Inspiration……
- Beautiful Inspirational children story with moral
- MOTHER’S LOVE …..Inspirational Story
- Inspirational short story ~ It is possible to do good from wherever you are….
- Heart touching Beautiful Love story…..A very poor man
- Mother’s love ;quotes ,story,thought
- GREAT ATTITUDE:~Inspirational short story
- Heart Touching Story…..with a Moral
- Inspirational story ,Quotes
- Nice short story for kids and adults : ENJOY LIFE NOW.
- Truly Inspiring Real Life Story!!!!
- Always be helpful ~ What goes around comes around ~ Inspirational Story
- The Wooden Bowl ~ A touching story on Family, Love, Parents & Relationships
- Moral Booster short story
- Nice Short Story with a Moral…Why we shout in anger?
- Heart touching inspirational story !!!