Wonderful story….with POWERFUL lesson
A woman baked chapatti (roti) for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby. She kept the extra chapatti on the window sill, for whosoever would take it away. Every day, a hunchback came and took away the chapatti. Instead of expressing gratitude, he muttered the following words as he went his way: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” This went on, day after day. Every day, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and uttered the words:
“The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” The woman felt irritated. “Not a word of gratitude,” she said to herself… “Everyday this hunchback utters this jingle! What does he mean?” One day, exasperated, she decided to do away with him. “I shall get rid of this hunchback,” she said. And what did she do? She added poison to the chapatti she prepared for him!
As she was about to keep it on the window sill, her hands trembled. “What is this I am doing?” she said. Immediately, she threw the chapatti into the fire, prepared another one and kept it on the window sill. As usual, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and muttered the words: “The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!”
The hunchback proceeded on his way, blissfully unaware of the war raging in the mind of the woman. Every day, as the woman placed the chapatti on the window sill, she offered a prayer for her son who had gone to a distant place to seek his fortune. For many months, she had no news of him.. She prayed for his safe return.
That evening, there was a knock on the door. As she opened it, she was surprised to find her son standing in the doorway. He had grown thin and lean. His garments were tattered and torn. He was hungry, starved and weak. As he saw his mother, he said, “Mom, it’s a miracle I’m here. While I was but a mile away, I was so famished that I collapsed. I would have died, but just then an old hunchback passed by. I begged of him for a morsel of food, and he was kind enough to give me a whole chapatti. As he gave it to me, he said, “This is what I eat everyday: today, I shall give it to you, for your need is greater than mine!”
” As the mother heard those words, her face turned pale. She leaned against the door for support. She remembered the poisoned chapatti that she had made that morning. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have lost his life!
It was then that she realized the significance of the words: “The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” Do good and Don’t ever stop doing good, even if it is not appreciated at that time. If you like this, share it with others and I bet so many lives would be touched.
Life / Learning /Inspirational story ,Quotes – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thoughts .
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...
- A Small Story With Powerful Lesson (moral)
- A small story with powerful lesson !!!
- Sweet Inspirational story
- Short Inspirational Story with powerful moral
- Nice short story with lesson ;Learning to live without recognition
- A Wonderful Story of Friendship & Values
- Inspirational Story of the Day~Beautiful Stories~Pictures~Self Appraisal~Work
- Inspirational short story with moral :Trust in God
- A wonderful short story :: How can we be HAPPY?
- An Inspirational Story ~ No act of kindness is ever wasted….
- Beautiful Inspirational children story with moral
- Inspirational Stories – Series – The two hospital patients
- Inspirational real story Of 11-Year-Old Om Prakash Who Saved 8 Children From Raging Fire
- Very Emotional Heart Touching short Story
- A Heart touching story with Moral and Inspiration……
- Heart touching story~Inspirational~Motivational~Stories~Friendship
- A Heart Touching Story ~ I Wish You Enough
- The Wooden Bowl ~ A touching story on Family, Love, Parents & Relationships
- The story of a blind girl ….True Love
- Heart touching Beautiful Love story…..A very poor man
- The Cracked Pot…..A Wonderful Inspirational Story
- Never Assume…Funny story
- Inspirational short story ~ It is possible to do good from wherever you are….
- Truly Inspiring Real Life Story!!!!
- Nice short story for kids and adults : ENJOY LIFE NOW.
- Heart touching inspirational story for children with moral
- GREAT ATTITUDE:~Inspirational short story
- Inspirational story ,Quotes
- A touching love story ~ Words Unspoken ~ Free your Heart
- Short & sweet story