One day Thomas Edison came home and gave a paper to his mother. He told her, “My teacher gave this paper to me and told me to only give it to my mother.”
His mother’s eyes were tearful as she read the letter out loud to her child: Your son is a genius. This school is too small for him and doesn’t have enough good teachers for training him. Please teach him yourself.
After many, many years, after Edison’s mother died and he was now one of the greatest inventors of the century, one day he was looking through old family things. Suddenly he saw a folded paper in the corner of a drawer in a desk. He took it and opened it up.
On the paper was written: Your son is addled [mentally ill]. We won’t let him come to school any more.
Edison cried for hours and then he wrote in his diary: “Thomas Alva Edison was an addled child that, by a hero mother, became the genius of the century.”
Never Give up. Be confident. Remember – (be it life, sports, career or any competition) – any battle is won twice – FIRST IN YOUR HEAD…….
Inspirational story , – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thoughts.
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison
- Story Time ~ Why Women Cry ??
- Very Inspiring True Story Direct from heart,WE REALLY NEED TO REFLECT ON THIS
- Heartwarming story of Teddy and Mrs. Thompson
- Short story; What is the most Important part of the body