We all know or have been told that drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is especially good for cleansing the liver and to kick start our digestive system, and it is completely true, but lemon water does much more than that.
10 Reasons You Should Drink Lemon Water >Drink Lemon Water in the morning for health and vitality!
Here is the top 10, out of many, benefits of drinking lemon water.
1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
2. Balances pH: Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized, so, you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity.
3. Helps with weight loss: To fight hunger cravings maintain a more alkaline diet, this is because lemons are high in pectin fiber.
4. Aids in digestion: It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion, which reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it from toxins, therefore, helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin: Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well, this is thanks to the vitamin C component, which helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
7. Freshens breath: The citric acid can kill the bacteria, so it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs.
9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when your mind and body are subjected to stress, and in the lives we lead, who is not?
10. Helps kick the coffee habit: Normally after a glass of hot lemon water, you don’t crave coffee in the morning. Try it yourself!
The recipe is really simple – a cup of warm water (not hot) and the juice from half of a lemon.
10 BENEFITS JUICING LEMONS
Lemons are the topic of the day. I always loved the taste of lemons, especially in my green juices.
When you ingest lemon juice the acid from the lemon juice acts as a antibacterial force inside your stomach.
You can also use lemons to clean your cutting boards and counters.
2. Vitamin C Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C helps destroy H. pylori, which is a type of bacteria in your stomach. H. pylori is being research for it’s ability to cause stomach ulcers.
Here is a great stomach and gut tonic. This will help you go to the restroom and it will help your stomach fight off any unwanted bacteria like H. pylori. The tonic includes: 1 cup of warm water, 1/2 lemon (juiced), 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed.
3. Alkalize the Body
Believe it or not but lemon are alkalizing for the body. Many people think since lemons are sour they are actually acidic inside your body. Inside your body lemons don’t act acidic, instead they have alkalizing properties that keep your pH balance.
It’s best to start your day with warm water and lemon juice.
4. Liver Cleanser
Lemons help stimulate your liver and helps flush out toxins like uric acid and also liquefies the bile. This is part of the reason why lemons are used as a great cleanser.
5. Vitamin P
Vitamin P is a flavonoids. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radials associated with cellular damage and aging. Flavonoids also help reduce inflammation.
6. Anti-cancer Properties
Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer properties like limonine which slows the growth of tumors. (1)
7. Protection Against Rheumatoid Arthritis
Osteoarthritis is a type of degenerative disease that occurs with aging. Foods rich in vitamin C helps protect agains inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Cleans You Out and Aids in Digestion
Lemon juice like most fresh vegetable juices contain pectin fiber. Pectin fiber is a type of water soluble fiber that helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Another great thing about pectin is that it keeps you feeling full and reduces cravings.
9. Natural Diuretic
Lemon juice and warm water also help increase the rate of urination. This is great because toxins and other harmful substances are pushed out of your body, leaving your body in a alkaline state.
10. Hydration of Lymph System
Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed just to name a few.
When you have these symptoms it might mean that your adrenals are “fatigued.” Your adrenals function in secreting necessary hormones, regulating stress response, regulating blood pressure and much more. So keep your adrenals happy by staying hydrated.
Health Inspirations – Tips – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thought
<<<< Welcome Home >>>>
...Thoughts to Contemplate - Reflect - Discover - Explore - Inspire & Enrich Yourself...