Benefits Of Garlic (or) Allium Sativum
Garlic is the edible bulb from a plant in the lily family. It has been used as both a medicine and a spice for thousands of years.
- Garlic’s most common uses as a dietary supplement are for high cholesterol, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
- Garlic is also used to prevent certain types of cancer, including stomach and colon cancers.
- Garlic cloves can be eaten raw or cooked. They may also be dried or powdered and used in tablets and capsules. Raw garlic cloves can be used to make oils and liquid extracts.
- Garlic can slightly lower blood cholesterol levels
- Garlic helps to lower blood pressure , particularly in people with high blood pressure.
- Garlic helps in process to slow the development of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), a condition that can lead to heart disease or stroke.
- Consuming garlic as a regular part of the diet may lower the risk of certain cancers.
Side Effects and Cautions of Garlic:
Garlic appears to be safe for most adults.
Side effects include breath and body odor, heartburn, upset stomach, and allergic reactions.
These side effects are more common with raw garlic.
Garlic can thin the blood (reduce the ability of blood to clot) in a manner similar to aspirin. This effect may be a problem during or after surgery. Use garlic with caution if you are planning to have surgery or dental work, or if you have a bleeding disorder.
Health Inspirations – Tips – Inspirational Quotes, Pictures and Motivational Thought
<<<< Welcome Home >>>>
2 Replies to “Benefits Of Garlic”
BRILLIANT QUOTES. THANKS
It’s really good, and very helpful to us, everybody.